Penderyn Sales Fixtures 2021/2022 - Click Here
Penderyn Market Forthcoming Sales
The sales will be run subject to strict Government Guidelines.
Government Guidelines or Directives regarding the control of the spread of COVID-19
This information is subject to changes in Government Guidelines or Directives regarding the control of the spread of COVID-19
For the forthcoming sales at Penderyn we will be implementing Government Guidelines and advice from the Livestock Auctioneers Association. Will hope you can work with us to take every precaution to enable us to keep selling throughout the autumn.
Penderyn Sales 2020 – Subject to Covid-19 Guidelines
The restrictions have been produced by the Livestock Auctioneers Association along with the Welsh Government and have been implemented to ensure the safety of all vendors, buyers and our staff. Anyone not complying will be asked to leave the premises.
Penderyn Market will adhere to the conditions as detailed below:
- We will enforce buyer restrictions to allow for social distancing, not allowing more people at the ringside than the 2m gap allow. Only one buyer per business should attend. There will be a one way system in operation to enter and leave the ringside.
- We strongly advise purchasers to ‘double up’, with one person to buy for multiple clients.
- All purchasers must notify the Auctioneers of their intention to attend the sale prior to the sale day.
- Markets will keep a register of those that attend their sales – contact name, address and telephone number as part of the Government’s track and trace service.
- Markets will ensure that the highest hygiene prevention measures are in place.
- No “gathering” will be permitted and all alleyways and pen sides should be kept clear at all times. The café will operate as a takeway services, no chairs will be available.
- A maximum of two buyers are allowed to enter the office at one time, which will be operating a one-way system.
- Buyers will be asked to sanitise on entry to the market and again on exit.
- Anyone entering indoors will be expected to wear a face mask.
- We encourage vendors to “drop and go” wherever possible. Only one member of the business can attend the sale day.
- The sale documentation will be collected by the market staff from the vendors when they arrive at the unloading docks – Vendors MUST NOT enter the market office or enter the ringside or congregate in the alleyways.
The ringside will be reserved for registered buyers only, strictly no vendors or onlookers to ensure the 2-metre rule can be complied with at all times.
- The Vendor will be permitted to follow their stock through the ring wearing a face mask. They should then leave straight after their stock is sold.
Face masks must be worn by vendors and buyers in all indoor arears of the market
We advise anyone who is considered to be in the ‘at risk’ category, i.e. the elderly, and anyone with pre-existing or underlying health conditions not to attend Penderyn sales.
If you can answer yes to any of the 3 questions below, please DO NOT attend sales.
- EXPERIENCED ANY SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS?
- COME INTO CONTACT WITH A POSITIVE CORONAVIRUS (COVID -19) CASE?
- VISITED A HIGH-RISK AREA ABROAD DURING THE PREVIOUS 14 DAYS?
If you are attending Penderyn Market, you do so at your own risk, and we would expect strict adherence to the Covid-19 Rules in place.
Our fixture list is available on our website along with Entry Forms for the breeding sales. All vendors must submit their entry forms before the deadline stated to ensure inclusion in the catalogue.
Catalogues will be produced and will be live on our website a week before the sale. A limited number of catalogues will be available on the day of sale. All entries and enquiries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic versions of the catalogue will emailed if requested.
Any queries to be directed to Matthew Jarrold 07970 260361
Penderyn Sales Fixtures 2021/2022 - Click Here
As a measure to reduce our carbon footprint, catalogues will be available to download from our website. When registering for your buyers number, please ensure we have your email address and mobile number, in order that we can send you a link to the catalogues as soon as they are uploaded.
Penderyn Market - Seasonal Sales of Prime Lambs, Store and Cull Sheep, Breeding Ewes and Rams
Penderyn Market, Nr Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff.
Exit M4 Motorway Junction 43. Take the A465 signposted Merthyr Tydfil.
At roundabout at Hirwaun, take the A4059 signposted Brecon. Continue on this road into the village of Penderyn. Turning left immediately before the Lamb Hotel and left again. The sale yard is located on your right.
Entries & Enquiries
CowbridgeMatthew Jarrold BSc (Land Man) MRICS, FAAV, FLAA
M 07970 260361
CowbridgeRachel Blakemore BA (Hons) Finance & Market
DL 01446 776371
CowbridgeElliott Rees Bsc (Hons), MRICS
DL 01446 776395